Saturday 31 May 2014

Four Weddings And A Funeral


四個婚禮與一個葬禮

 
 
 
 
One of my favorite movies of all time.  But I'm not here to share the film but the poem of W. H. Auden, One of the poems from Twelve Songs (sometimes known as Funeral Blues) was famously featured in the film  Four Weddings and a Funeral.
 
Funeral Blues
 
Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,

 Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone.

 Silence the pianos and with muffled drum

 Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.
 
 
Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead

 Scribbling on the sky the message He is Dead,

 Put crépe bows round the white necks of the public doves,

 Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.
 
 
He was my North, my South, my East and West,

 My working week and my Sunday rest,

 My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song,

 I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong
 
 
The stars are not wanted now, put out every one;

 Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;

 Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.

 For nothing now can ever come to any good.
 
 
 
悲傷的葬儀
 
停止所有的時鐘,切斷電話,
 
給狗一塊濃汁的骨頭,讓他別叫,
 
靜下來鋼琴,隨著低沉的鼓,
 
抬出靈柩,讓哀悼者前來。
 
 
讓直升機在頭頂悲旋,
 
在天空宣佈他已逝去,
 
把黑紗繫在信鴿的白頸,
 
讓交警戴上黑色的手套。
 
 
他曾經是我的東,我的西,我的南,我的北,
 
我的工作天,我的休息日,
 
我的正午,我的夜半,我的話語,我的歌吟,
 
我以為愛可以不朽,但我錯了。
 
 
星星不再需要,把每一顆都摘掉,
 
把月亮包起,拆除太陽,
 
瀉掉大海,掃掉森林,    
        
因為什麼也不會,再有意義。
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



7 comments:

  1. 悲傷的葬儀 Funeral Blues, 是 Four Weddings and A Funeral 裏最感人一幕,從婚禮的歡笑急轉至葬儀的悲傷。人生生,老,病,死莫過於此 !

    ReplyDelete
  2. 非常好睇及有意思的電影。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 有悲歡離合之好電影。謝謝來訪。

      Delete
  3. 已忘記這套戲的內容,但這首詩歌很能代表葬禮的藍調!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 是笑中有淚,淚中有笑,很感人的電影。

      Delete
  4. 謝謝分享! 我知有這套戲, 但沒有去睇呀! 基本我好怕入戲院, 那些特效音響太嘈了.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 借隻碟返黎睇。你唔睇字幕得唔得!

      Delete